9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications
November 30 - December 2, 2009, PISA, ITALY
Call for Papers: Special Session on
for Risk Analysis
Risk analysis aims to identify risks and to measure their likelihood and impact. Actually, both the probability of occurrence and the consequences associated with risks may not be directly measurable parameters: they need to be estimated. Unfortunately, in most cases not enough statistically meaningful data are available so that risk analysis mainly relies on experts' opinions. This means that risk analysis has to deal with uncertainty, vagueness and imprecision. The tools used for risk analysis, therefore, should be flexible and able to exploit common sense to analyze and interpret the results.
Computational Intelligence techniques can represent a valuable means to help analyzers deal with all issues related to risk analysis.
The aim of this session is to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to discuss intelligent approaches for risk analysis and to identify new research challenges.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Decision-making under risk and uncertainty;
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems for risk analysis;
- Fuzzy risk analysis;
- Artificial neural networks for risk analysis;
- Ontology development for risk analysis;
- Risk analysis using case-based reasoning;
- Soft computing techniques for risk assessment and decision support;
- Other related topics.
Instructions for Authors
All instructions for submission can be found in the Conference Web site. In particular, submitted papers should follow the IEEE paper format
All papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format only using EasyChair associated site of ISDA'09 Conference.
All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of ISDA'09 that will be also included in the IEEEXplore digital library.
Extended versions of selected papers will be considered for publication in the following list of Journals:
- Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier
- Soft Computing, Springer
- Evolutionary Intelligence, Springer
- International Journal of Hybrid Intelligent Systems, IOS Press
- International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, World Scientific
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications, World Scientific
- Neural Network World, Academy of Science, Czech Republic
- Submission of papers (EXTENDED): June 25, 2009
- Notification of acceptance: July 25, 2009
- Camera-ready manuscript submission: September 15, 2009.
Session Chairs and Contacts
- Beatrice Lazzerini, Mario Giovanni C.A. Cimino.
- Address: Department of Information Engineering: Electronics, Informatics, Telecommunications, University of Pisa, via Diotisalvi, 2, 56122 Pisa (Italy).
- Phone: +39 050 221 7558, +39 050 221 7455.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,